Our body treatments centre around massage. Set aside the stresses and strains of everyday life and invest a little time in yourself with our relaxing, therapeutic treatments. Massage isn't just about 'me' time - studies have found massage can have profound physical and emotional benefits.
Massage can help alleviate the symptoms of a variety of ailments or conditions, which include anxiety, digestive disorders, fibromyalgia, headaches, insomnia related to stress, myofascial pain syndrome, soft tissue strains or injuries and sports injuries to name just a few.
Massages from Katie Victoria are wonderful, and can benefit you in a variety of ways:
- Improves circulation - By moving blood through congested areas it allows new blood to flow in, improving body function as a result.
- Improves posture - Massage helps to support healthy, natural movement. As a result, bad habits like poor posture can be improved naturally.
- Muscular relaxation - Are you experiencing persistent pain in your neck, back or muscles? By relaxing tense muscles, massage can go a long way to easing these aches.
- Stress relief - Seen by many as the secret to a healthier lifestyle, stress relief can be significantly aided by massage that helps lower your heart rate, insulin and cortisol levels.
- Improves flexibility - Linked to muscular relaxation, as joints get tighter with age our range of motion can become more limited. Massage can ease these symptoms, helping you to move more easily and - importantly - making you less susceptible to injury!
- Easier breathing & relieving headaches - Massage is excellent for helping with respiratory issues, which can be an indicator of anxiety or stress. It can also ease pressure and pain, reducing the frequency of headaches for those who regularly suffer from headaches or migraines.
- Strengthens immune system - Studies have shown regular massage to naturally boost the immune system, helping you to fend of those nasty bugs!
- Aids post-injury rehabilitation - A programme of regular massage can help to accelerate the recovery process. Recovery from injury can be frustrating, and massage can play a key role in helping you relax, maintaining focus and keeping motivated.